Infusoria or paramecium can be tricky to culture even if you follow the recipe carefully there are big descripencies in the results you are likely to obtain. The below method is very simple and reliable.
- Buy or find a large quantity of Sphagnum moss. It can be easily obtained as it is used in hanging baskets by Florists.
- Wash the Sphagnum moss thoroughly in cold tap water.
- Fill a sweet jar with it and top it upto the top with water.
- Add the lid to the sweet jar (as it does get smelly).
- After about a month you should start to see Infusoria 'swimming' at the surface.
- With this setup it should be possible to harvest the Infusoria continuosly for several months.